National operating system for smart cards (NOS) is designed to be mounted on an integrated circuit (chip) of the document and its functioning assurance.
NOS refers to hardware and software cryptographic protection type “B2” Category “П”, “Ш”, “K” and B2 class, according to the classification of the Order of the Administration of State Special Communication Service number 141 from 20.07.2007.
NOS provides the following functions:
- Generation and verification of digital signature algorithms defined DSTU 4145 (with the calculation of the hash function in accordance with GOST 34.311).
- Generation and verification of digital signature algorithm of RSA, specific IETF RFC 3447 (with the calculation of hash functions SHA-1 algorithm, SHA-256 in accordance with sections 9, 10 DSTU ISO / IEC 10118-3, respectively).
- Generation and verification of digital signature algorithm for ECDSA, certain State Standard ISO / IEC 14888-3 (with the calculation of hash functions SHA-1 algorithm, SHA-256 in accordance with sections 9, 10 DSTU ISO / IEC 10118-3, respectively).
- Data Encryption algorithm defined GOST 28147 (XOR mode feedback) on algorithms TDES, AES, as defined in paragraph. 4.1, 5.1 ISO / IEC 18033-3 respectively.
- Key distribution protocol KANIDH, defined in Sec. 8.2 DSTU ISO / IEC 15946-3.
The NOS can be used for cryptographic protection of information with limited access (except for service information and information as a state secret) and public information, the need for protection which is defined by law.