Public Key Infrastructure uses principles of a cryptographic information protection with the public key.
Public key infrastructure consists of:
- Certification Center (Certification Authority — CA),
- End users
- Optional Components (Registration Center and Network Reference).
Certification Authority creates an electronic document – user’s public key certificate, thus certifying the fact that the private key is known only to the owner of the certificate, the public key (public key) is passed freely in the certificate. Certification Authority confirms or refutes a given public key belongs to a person who owns the corresponding private key. The certificate contains the user’s public key and identifying information of the user (as well as other service information). The certificate shall be certified electronic signature certification center.
Main tasks of the PKI system:
- Ensuring confidentiality of information;
- Ensuring data integrity;
- Ensuring authentication of resource users
- Ensuring ability to confirm performed actions with information by the users
The company implements a complete set of functions for managing public key certificates:
- forming pairs of the public-private key on users’ requests ;
- production of public key certificates;
- Suspension and resumption of certificates, revocation (cancellation) of certificates;
- maintaining a register (reference) issued certificates and Certificate Revocation List.